It’s how you relate to your nights that makes a difference.
Address what’s underneath your sleepless nights.
How many insomnia cures have you tried? Supplements like magnesium or melatonin, sleeping pills, structured sleep habits, a new mattress… the list goes on and on.
Sometimes these remedies might work, and sometimes they don’t. Meanwhile, you need to manage short- or long-term side effects, like drowsiness, inability to focus, increased risk of Alzheimer’s.
All these cures miss a pivotal point:
They encourage you to chase sleep, without addressing the real problem underlying your sleepless nights.
When you chase sleep, you miss out on the necessary step of accessing rest. Not only does rest benefit you on its own, it’s also the pathway to sleep.
With Restful Insomnia, you learn to rest at night with your own power. Because the real the cure for insomnia is in you.
Don’t you already know how to rest?
Rest seems simple, doesn’t it? You just stop and let go.
But it’s not always that easy.
That’s because obstacles rear their ugly heads, leaving you frustrated with a non-stop mind, tense body, rumbling anxiety, loneliness, and maybe jealousy of your partner asleep next to you.
You can move through those obstacles to the land of deep rest, renewal, and welcoming sleep.
It happens once you’re comfortable with the seven pathways to rest. Once these principles and techniques are in your body memory, you’ll feel confident about your ability to create nights of restoration.
1. In this fundamental principle, we explore how to move out of the desperate quest for sleep – which just keeps you awake and stressed. We learn to appreciate the value of rest, as renewal and a necessary step to welcome sleep.
2. We start with the elements for your peaceful bedtime cocoon, one that’s dark, quiet, and cool. But since things are not always in our control, we also practice how to change how you relate to an imperfect environment, creating room to rest.
3. It’s so easy to take our bodies for granted, to see them as vehicles for what we want to do. In the land of renewal, we learn ways to rest into our bodily home…to access its wisdom, address its needs, and soothe discomfort and pain.
4. Do you have mind that won’t shut up at night, rambling from serious issues to trivial concerns? We practice how to change your relationship to your mind, giving it less power to keep you awake and tense, and more room to move into rest and sleep.
5. Emotions can take you for a ride in the middle of the night, with little to distract you and feeling all alone. We explore how your body and mind can help, not by eliminating uncomfortable feelings but giving you space to move into rest.
6. It can feel lonely and isolating when you’re awake and the rest of the world is asleep. Here’s where we look at how to connect to something bigger, be it family, community, spirituality – whatever resonates for you. Knowing it’s not just you against the world gives you space to let go.
7. Tools can help you rest deeply at night… though when your relationship with the world is out of alignment, it’s harder to come back to yourself. Here we expand what you’ve learned about harmonizing with yourself at night. We uncover and move through obstacles that affect both insomnia and your days so you can live the meaningful life you want.